Before making a decision to sell your home in the US, it is best to prepare first what to do. Rather than hurrying yourself to make some repairs, and marking the date for a home exhibit. Of course you want to have more dollars on it but you should avoid home selling mistakes. These mistakes can put you in harm. Home selling in any part of US is similar to some other countries. You need to make your home appealing before placing a signage.
So, before posting a sale sign in your backyard, follow the guides below before selling your home.
1. Call the real estate agents
Look for real estate agents in your place or perhaps locality. Interview these people and talk to them. Select from these real estate agents whom you like most. It is better to work with an agent whom you think can be trusted and you can build rapport. Ask the agent to provide you with a marketing plan and a comparative market analysis.
2. Prepare your home for sale
Most sellers want to sell their homes fast and bring good profit. Well, you can attain that goal and makes that a reality. It takes a little planning and knowing how to spruce up the home that can attract home buyers hurrying up their checkbooks.
3. Outdoor cleaning
• Make sure the shrubbery and the lawn is well trimmed regularly. Remove overgrown trees and some shrubs that cover your home from the street. It is best that your home is exposed to the street so that home buyers can easily see the house.
• The garage doors must always be closed.
• Plant seasonal flowers in pots and plant beds.
• Be sure that the driveway is in good appearance. To remove car drippings and stains in the concrete drives, pressure washed the area and place sealer on the asphalt drive.
• Make sure the decks and patios are clean. If there are rotten woods and nail loose on the deck, replace the rotten wood and nailed down then pressure washed if it is necessary.
• Clear out the old furniture and some old clothing that you have by a garage sale. This is one way to tidy up your home and can help other people while earning some dollars on it.
• Pay attention particularly to your front door area. Be sure your doorbell works properly. Give a new coat of paint in your front door. Painting your front door is an inexpensive fix up things that you can perform.
4. Indoor cleaning
• Examine all the areas of the house and make some listings. Determine if the carpet needs shampooing and vacuuming. The floors need to be shiny. You can perfectly shine the floors by applying a thin coat of wax. Dust all the electric fans especially the blades to make them look brand new and free from dirt.
• Open your closet and get rid of the things that are not needed anymore. Anyway, you have to pack all your things for the moving once your home is already sold.
• Check the light fixtures to make sure that they are functioning well. If there are damaged bulbs, replace them immediately to make the whole house bright.
• Make sure the windows are clean and free of dust particles. It is also better to open all the windows to let the light comes in.
• Wipe all kitchen equipments; paint the walls to make it clean and bright. A clean and bright kitchen can attract prospects home buyers.
5. Set a selling price
Observe the selling price of some houses in your neighborhood. You can get an idea in order to set your own selling price for your home. If you want to hire an agent, this person will help you quote the estimated selling price.
6. Get your home inspected
Now, that you have already done the repairs, your home is ready for inspection. But be sure to prepare for some cookies and juice for the inspectors. It is best that you can offer them a little snack or perhaps candies on the table. It’s not quite bad to become hospitable sometimes right?
By following the guides above, selling your home can be fun and can attract prospect buyers.